Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I believe that I've learned something very important recently.

When I was little, I'd always think the world was against me when something didn't go my way or I wasn't allowed to do something. (Admit it, we all feel that way at some point in our lives, even if we weren't old enough to remember so.) And I've learned that "being on someone's side" doesn't mean just telling them they're right, or letting them do what they want, or any of that. Being on their side also means telling them when they've done something wrong, or when they've gone too far, or they aren't allowed/supposed to do something.
When you tell someone they're right, and also when they're wrong, that's caring. You care enough to tell them that something they're doing is wrong or stupid. Which may sound stupid, but I get it now. I really do...


I guess my mom was right. "You'll understand when you're older.."



0 Comments: